The Travel Map - Read the blog below

Thursday 24 September 2009

Landed




Wahey! Our flight finally was good to go at three, six hours after it was originally meant to leave. By this point, I was Sleepy, with capital a 'c'. We boarded the plane and Alex practically forced me into a travel cushion/sleep mask/ear plugs situation. I jumped a mile when they gave me my dinner (very hungry, wolfed it down) then passed out for the entire flight, jumping again when Alex woke me to get off the plane. The steward probably thought I had issues with seizures. Eye masks make me jumpy.
We got through customs, security, biohazard stage, lugguge collection. Amazing, considering at every other airport, my passport has been scrutinised way more than Alexs. On arriving in Sydney, I was even taken aside, into another room for a full on pat down and bag scan! Nerve-wracking! Alex thinks it is hilarious that I am constantly treated with such suspicion. *sigh*
We found a shuttle bus into town, no mean achievment considering I was practically sleep walking, which took us to our hotel. Already, everyone we meet is so friendly, its quite weird, considering the usual stand-offish British manner.
The hotel is awesome, we have the coolest room ever, complete with view of the SKytower, lit up beautifully. A quick shower to wash off the grime of travel, and sleep, glorious sleeeeep!
Pictures will arrive soon, I'm going to go out and take a load of first-impression shots to upload later.

No comments: